- Pin It button
- Rich Pins
- iOS Pin It SDK
- Android Pin It SDK
- On Hover Pin It button
- Pin It extension FAQ
- Domain API overview
Are you a business?
Rich Pins Overview
Make your product, recipe, movie, article or place Pins more useful.
Updated December 8th, 2014
How to apply for Rich Pins:
- Decide what types of Rich Pin ( product, recipe, movie, article or place ) you want to apply for your website.
- Learn more about the required meta tags for each type of Rich Pin you want for your website(see below).
- Add the appropriate Rich Pin meta tags to product, recipe, article, movie, or place pages on your site.
- Apply for Rich Pins with a single URL that contains the correct meta tags in the Rich Pin validator.
- After applying with one URL, you will receive an email confirming that your site has been enabled for Rich Pins.
- After your site has been enabled for Rich Pins, all Pins that link back to pages with the correct meta tags will start appearing as Rich Pins. It may take up to a week for your Pins to become Rich.
Learn how to add tags for:
Opting out of Rich Pins
If you don't want your pages to render as Rich Pins, you can insert
<meta> tag into the HTML head section of your pages.
It's important to point out that this tag only applies to Rich Pins
and is not the same as the "nopin" tag,
which prevents people from adding things to Pinterest from your site.
<meta name="pinterest-rich-pin" content="false" />